Next Pulse event: Saturday 9th July 2022
Theme: Pilgrimage to Holy Island
What is The Pulse?
The Pulse is a termly gathering for young people (school years 7-13) organised through Durham Diocese.
Take a look at the image gallery for a taste of what we get up to!
What happens at The Pulse?
Each event is different; it is usually based in Durham Cathedral but not always. The purpose is for youth groups to come together in larger numbers than their weekly meetings, to have fun, to explore faith in a variety of different ways and to worship God together.
During the pandemic, we moved online, but were physically meeting again now. Past events and activities have included:
- a pilgrimage across the sands to Holy Island
- magician and comedian John Archer
- the worlds largest escape room
- a gospel choir
- big games
- prayer spaces
- Archdeaconry Youth Games at Brancepeth Castle
- a juggler
- youth worship groups from around the diocese
- a Taize service
- Gladiator challenges with Ace (Warren Furman)
- a party with DJ Sean Pickering in the Monks Garden at the Cathedral
The most recent event was in April 2022, with Naomi Allen from Open Doors speaking on the theme 'Secret Church' and what it is like to be a Christian believer in a country where you have to keep your faith secret.
Our next Pulse event will take place on Saturday 9 July 2022 and it will be a pilgrimage to Holy Island.